The (Pro-)Life of Riley

When it comes to getting state government out of the abortion business, it seems state Sen. Nancy Riley (R, D, Whatever–Tulsa) was for it before she was against it.

Here's a direct-mail piece candidate Riley sent in 2000. You'll note that in the body of the letter there were only five words she deemed important enough to put in ALL CAPS.
Dear Friend,

In 1973, the Supreme Court decided to make law instead of interpreting it. As a result of this power grab, countless babies have been aborted – “legally” – since 1973.

And there seems to be no end to the violence against the unborn. It is frightening where we’re headed.

The calloused attitude toward life by our highest government officials is dragging our whole society down. We hear stories of teenagers giving birth to babies, killing them, then throwing them away.

Any sane person can see the horror of killing a newborn.

But what is outrageous is that if a teenager had instead been a doctor who killed the baby by piercing its brain with scissors after partially delivering it, the whole grisly tragedy would have been completely legal!

Ever since my opponent has been in office, we have seen no restrictions on abortions, no parental notification or parental consent laws.

My opponent believes in parental consent for getting tattoos, but has not sponsored any legislation supporting parental consent or parental notification.

We know where his priorities are.

That’s why it’s so important that you and I do all we can.

And it’s one of the reasons why I’ve decided to run for the State Senate – and why I need your help.

I believe in the God-given and constitutionally guaranteed right to life.

I have 3 children that I love more than life itself.

There is nothing more sacred than the gift of life.

I want to be your State Senator because I plan to fight for the principles that I hope you and I share. I want to hold our Senators accountable to the people of Oklahoma.

I want to be there in the Senate to remind our lawmakers that abortion-on-demand is the killing of babies, not the removal of some formless mass of cells.

I will introduce and fight for bills that uphold the sanctity of life – the lives of both mother and child – and I will fight to curb the carnage that has resulted from the unrestricted access to abortion.

We need leadership on the pro-life issue, unlike my opponent who has not introduced any parental notification legislation in over 10 years.

As your State Senator, I won’t just fight for a vigorous legal defense of our state’s Partial Birth Abortion Ban.

I will also fight for:

** Tough parental consent laws;

** Enforcement of a mandatory “cooling off” period before anyone can receive an abortion;

** And, absolutely NO STATE FUNDING FOR ABORTION.

We need to turn the tide on the abortion-on-demand holocaust one legislator at a time.

I believe I can make a difference in the State Senate as your champion for the unborn. But in order to do that, I’ll need your vote on November 7.

Your vote will make a difference in the lives of thousands of unborn Oklahomans.

Sincerely,


Nancy Riley
Republican Candidate
Senate District 37

Popular Posts