February 21, 2018
Tulsa World columnist Guerin Emig has a great piece on my 10th-grade coach.
February 08, 2018
"The University of Central Oklahoma Student Association rescinded its invitation to a well-known Christian apologist to speak on campus following pressure from an LGBTQ group," Carla Hinton reports today on the front page of The Oklahoman. More coverage:
- The Gayly: "UCO student group successful in keeping anti-LGBT speaker off campus"
- FoxNews.com: "Sex carnivals, drag queens are welcome, Ken Ham and other creationists are not, university says"
- The College Fix: "Creationist Ken Ham disinvited from speaking at Univ. of Central Oklahoma"
- Fox 25: "UCO comes under fire after revoking Christian speaker's invitation"
- Associated Press: "Creation Museum founder Ken Ham's speech canceled at Oklahoma university"
- KOCO: "UCO student association rescinds invitation to well-known Christian speaker"
- The Oklahoman: "UCO president issues statement concerning cancellation of speaker's visit"
- The Daily Caller: "University Disinvited Creationist Speaker After LGBTQ Pressure"
- Answers in Genesis: "The UCO Cancellation Story Grows"
- Patrick McGuigan: "Free-speech controversy continues at UCO"
- The Oklahoman: "Ken Ham will speak on UCO campus after all"
February 04, 2018
Jack Henry always enjoys it when he gets to go to a Thunder game with uncle Bill. Here's a picture from today, along with a picture from four years ago (almost to the day). Bill's blue Thunder cap hasn't changed, but Henry sure has gotten a lot taller.
January 29, 2018
January 28, 2018
|Lillie and Oliver|
Of the 18,203 people who watched the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Philadelphia 76ers tonight, I can't imagine any of them had more fun than these two.
Here is a comprehensive summary of the Thunder's 122-112 win. The game seemed to have an unusually high number of dunks; here is a video showing every one of them. Here is a video with some of Russell Westbrook's highlights. And here is a video which shows pretty much the whole game in under 10 minutes.
|Click here to see Paul George drain a 3-pointer and to see Oliver's reaction.|
And of course you knew Rumble couldn't ignore the 6-year-old in the Westbrook uniform:
January 27, 2018
I tell ya, this whole Trae Young thing. Now even my six-year-old thinks he's in range once he steps off the bus. Dad was mortified by the shot selection (you can hear me exclaim, "Oh Ollie what the heck?!") — but hey, it went in.
January 25, 2018
Uncle Bill and I enjoyed seeing Westbrook score a season-high 46 points as the Thunder took care of the Wizards tonight. Right before the national anthem, Nick Collison complimented Bill's spiffy blue Nike hoop shoes, saying "You're ready to check in." John Wall was somewhat less endearing, at one point in the game chiding referee Ron Garretson: "Have I shot a free throw yet? I'm a five-time All Star."