Delightful

If I had to pick one word to describe Mary Margaret, that’s what it would be.

Delightful – with a touch of wry humor and feistiness mixed in. Mary Margaret is gentle, affectionate, and kind. She is quick to forgive and quick to say she’s sorry. She is sensitive to other people’s feelings, yet if someone hurts her feelings she doesn’t hold a grudge. She is agreeable and even-tempered (except on certain occasions when her perfectionism wins out and she has a meltdown because something isn’t “just so”). Mary Margaret is tenderhearted and generous. One day she is going to be a great wife and mother.

People who don’t know her well would never imagine that behind her sparkling blue eyes is a dry sense of humor that pops up unexpectedly. For example, the other day I had to help my non-bending hubby put on his socks. As he stood there holding the socks, Mary Margaret said to him, "Careful – they may be too heavy."

She also has a feisty side, which showed up early on. One day when she was about two and a half, Lincoln, Lillie, Mary Margaret and I were sitting in the Wal-Mart snack bar. (I have no idea why we were in the Wal-Mart snack bar. I think I was waiting for my oil to be changed.) Anyway, we had been sitting there for a while slurping Icees when an older lady walked by, pointed toward Mary Margaret and said, “I bet that one’s a corker.” I gave a little laugh as the lady walked out. Then Mary Margaret stood up in the booth, cupped her hands around her mouth, and yelled to the lady (who by this time was out of the snack bar area), “I AM NOT A CORKER!” Thereby proving, of course, that yes, sometimes she is a corker.

But mostly, she is absolutely, positively delightful!

Popular Posts