Feel the Love

Tommie Harris, now a one-man wrecking ball for the Chicago Bears, is looking mighty fearsome in this SI cover from a few years back. But check out this revealing anecdote from Berry Tramel's column today:
Stoops rarely lets down his guard when it comes to feelings, particularly not this season. But this week, he volunteered a heartwarming story about Harris.

During Harris' Sooner days, Stoops found a note taped to his office door that said, "Coach, just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and I love you." It was signed Tommie Harris.

Stoops figured it came from Tommie Harris Sr., a minister in Texas.

At practice that day, Stoops told Harris, "Your dad came by today."

But Harris said, "Coach, that was me."

Stoops truly seemed taken aback. "I didn't know you liked me," Stoops said.

Popular Posts