Big Monday

Welcome to Anne Marie's room. This is the view when you first walk in. Trust me, there's a bed in there and she's in it.

Click photos to enlarge

Anne Marie had her first-ever taste of mother's milk today. Below is a shot of Dad feeding her with a syringe (minus the needle, of course). Later Susie put a little bit of milk on a pacifier and Anne Marie tried that for a while.


Below is a brief video clip from today. If Anne Marie could talk I think she would be saying, "That milk was good. I could get used to that!" (Come to think of it, she might actually say, "Not to be a bother, but why is my stomach hanging here in this bag?)



Anne Marie has no idea what's in store for her tomorrow. She's been on ECMO for 23 days now -- "we're living on borrowed time," one doctor said of that unusually long run -- and it's time to come off. The plan is to trial her off tomorrow morning and then, if conditions are favorable, decannulate and keep her off for good. To put it bluntly, it's sink-or-swim time. So again, I would ask you to petition her Heavenly Father to declare: "I will ... put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD."

Popular Posts