'Everything Must Fit His Purpose'

We all had a good day today. We went to Park Cities Presbyterian Church again this morning, and one portion of the worship service, the confession of faith, was especially comforting:
Minister: Christian, what is your only comfort, in life and in death?

People: That I belong -- body and soul, in life and in death -- not to myself, but to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ, who at the cost of His own blood has fully paid for all my sins and has completely freed me from the dominion of the devil; that He protects me so well that without the will of my Father in heaven not a hair can fall from my head; indeed, that everything must fit His purpose for my salvation. Therefore, by His Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for Him.
The weather was perfect today so we were able to go to the park and spend time outside playing with the kids. We've been at the hospital so much these last few weeks that it was good for us all to be outside. Later we went to eat dinner at the hospital and visit Anne Marie, and then home to sit by the outdoor fireplace.

Anne Marie also had a restful day. Her vitals and numbers were good all day with very few ups and downs. The doctors did a few adjustments in her medicine to try to help her hypertension. We are still waiting for the results of her last echocardiogram and hoping it show the doctors what is going on with her heart. This morning I asked her doctor what the echo might show that would really change her course of treatment. She said the only big thing would be if it showed that she had a hypoplastic heart. She said if, given the choice of whether she would want her child to have a diaphragmatic hernia or a hypoplastic heart, she would choose the hernia. The two together would not be a good combination. But, as always, we are thankful for one more day. And we are thankful that Christ protects Anne Marie so well that without the will of her Father in heaven not a hair can fall from her head.


Popular Posts