Miami Nice

Over the past year one of the things I have been thankful for is Brandon's job and the great people he works with, both in Oklahoma and throughout the country. Every once in while I get to go with him when he has a conference out of town. He works and networks, while I sit by the pool and read. This week one of those trips came up and right now I’m sitting by the pool in the gorgeous Miami weather.

I like these trips not only because it's a break for me, but it also gives me a chance to see a little more of what Brandon does, and how important it is. This trip I've met several people who have asked with genuine concern how we are doing and saying they prayed for us and for Anne Marie. And I remember all of those e-mails and Facebook messages that Brandon would show me from people in various conservative think tanks all over the country expressing love and prayers for us. It’s nice to be able to put faces with names. Such nice, nice people, and also super-smart. (As a side note, we also received several kind and heartfelt letters and e-mails from people on “the other side” who were also praying for us.)

This has been a nice break. God is gracious and I am grateful for His gifts to me.

Here's the view from the balcony of our hotel room:

 
Here's one of the hotel pools:

 
Here's the view from our beach chairs:

 
Here's Brandon working:

Popular Posts