May 21, 2010

6 Months

Six months ago tonight we said goodbye to Anne Marie. At just about this time we were getting ready to put her lifeless body into the arms of Amanda, our nurse that evening. It's so hard to think about those last few minutes before we had to leave her.

And today, on her six month celebration in heaven, her grave marker was put in. I know I've said this many times before and that I'll say it a million times more -- we miss you, Anne Marie. We miss you so, so much.



Here's a picture of Jack Henry patting down the dirt, making it all smooth:

5 comments:

  1. Oh Susie, I don't know what to say. I am so sorry for your loss. In his book "Beside Still Waters", Charles Spurgeon writes, "When the Lord takes a child, there is one less cord to fasten you to this world and another band to draw you toward heaven." I was given that book after we lost our baby boy, Robert. Thank you Father for our home in heaven where one day death will be no more. No more good-byes. Comfort my friend Susie today. Bind up her wounds. Amen.

    Love,Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet Jack Henry is here for looking out for his little sis the only way he knows how. . .shedding tears for your loss and praying for all the Dutchers. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Prayers always! Precious brother caring for his baby sister~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful footstone. I've been reading your blog for just under 6 months and I can see how beautifully your children care for one another.

    Hugs and prayers for you Susie.

    ReplyDelete