July 15, 2010

And I'm Learning to Be OK with That

One of my favorite microbloggers is the pastor and author Paul David Tripp, who recently tweeted this gem:
Grace confronts you with the fact that you control almost nothing, while it places you in the care of the One who rules everything.
Talk about nailing it in 140 characters or less. If there's one thing I've learned in the last few years -- and especially since Anne Marie was born nine months ago today -- it's that I control almost nothing. That's just the way it is.

3 comments:

  1. I've learned that very hard lesson too! However,we do get to control how we respond and what we do in the difficult times of our lives. The way you've shown your love and faith in the Most High God as you've endured what no parent should has been humbling and amazing to witness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a comforting yet difficult thing to come to terms with. Thanks for sharing your grief so openly. It encourages me and others who are also walking through sorrow. Praying for you guys still. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. My husband is getting his certification through CCEF and he shares gems like this with me often. Thank you for letting us witness what it means that in our weakness He is strong.

    ReplyDelete