July 06, 2011

9 Days and Counting

We are having a contest here at our house to see who can guess the weight of our baby boy. The winner gets a packages of these:



If you haven't had these, you are missing out. I think they are our new favorite candy. In any case, here are the guesses so far:
  • Brandon:  9 lbs.
  • Lincoln:  8 lbs. 3 oz.
  • Lillie:  7 lbs. 4 oz.
  • Mary Margaret:  7 lbs. 15 oz.
  • Jack Henry:  8 lbs. 5 oz.
If anyone wants to join in the contest, please do. Just leave a comment below. If you are the closest commenter I'll give you a bag of Peppermint Pattie Pieces. As a little hint, here are the weights of our other children, all of whom arrived late except for Anne Marie: Lincoln (8 lbs.); Lillie (7 lbs. 4 oz.); Mary Margaret (7 lbs. 11 oz.); Jack Henry (9 lbs. 15 oz.); Anne Marie (7 lbs. 8 oz.).

As a side note, here are a few comments I heard today when I was out running errands. I went into Hobby Lobby to get some stickers for a project I'm working on. The stickers happened to be from the wedding section, and when I was checking out the teenage cashier said, "Oh! Are you getting married?"

Later, as I was walking into the store I passed a lady walking out and she said, "Any day now, huh?" In that same store, as I was paying, the teenage boy at the register said, "Uh, I guess you are like really pregnant?"

28 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Dr. C. Scott McCullough - 8 lbs 6 oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Land10:53 PM

    Yum! Those are my favorite!

    I am guessing 8 lbs. 13 oz.

    Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:00 PM

    8 lbs. 8 oz. (Brenda P.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:03 AM

    Those comments are hilarious! Are you getting married? Did you laugh? 8lbs 13oz. Jennifer Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun... how about 9 lbs, 2 oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Mindi - guessing 8 lbs 6 oz! He might not want to come out in this heat! He's in the perfect environment now :) Those comments made me smile! I always loved when our kids were smaller the typical response to see them with me was "Are these ALL yours?" I'd usually respond with either, yep, all 4 of them or yes but we have many more at home. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randy Willingham - 7 lbs. 13 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori Brock Wilson10:09 AM

    Since it looks like your boys weigh more, my guess is gonna be 9lbs. 6oz. And yes, I LOVE the York Peppermint candies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:51 AM

    I am just so happy for your family! He is a blessed baby, whatever his weight is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:15 PM

    Hmmm I'm going to go with 8lbs 11oz!

    -Ashley Weber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:42 PM

    8lbs 7 oz (I don't mind picking the candy up from the hospital) :) -Dacia Harris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristi Wilson3:47 PM

    I say 8 lbs., 8 ozs. SOOOO excited about this baby boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:03 PM

    I'm going for 8 pounds 6 ounces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:26 PM

    Betsy and family: We are thinking 8lbs, 9 oz. We cant wait to meet the newest Dutcher!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily Wilkins6:22 PM

    8 lb 7 oz - I feel pretty good about this guess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:10 PM

    I'm going for 7lbs 7oz. Neal will love the mints!
    (Kim R.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carolyn Cronk7:12 PM

    I will be surprised if he weighs 8 lbs....but my guess will be 8 lbs, 2 oz. So excited for the Dutcher Family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:20 PM

    So happy for you guys! 8 lb 4 oz. Lori Silver

    ReplyDelete
  19. Courtney9:58 PM

    Brandy - you took my 9 lb. guess. So, I will go with 8 lbs. 14 oz., the weight of Baby Boy Dutcher's cousin Will! I did not poll my family in the event that I win. I do not share chocolate well. If the other 4 have guesses...I will post them separately. Can't wait to meet this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here are some more comments that came in via Facebook:

    Mary Beth Teague: 7 pounds 12 ounces

    Kristi Wilson: 8 lbs, 8 ozs. And try to deliver on Madeleine's birthday, July 16th:)

    Barbara Regens: 7-11

    Amy Hayes: 7 lbs, 8 oz. Can't wait to try the candies! Blessings, amy hayes

    Gwin Hughes: 8 lbs. 12 oz. Happy for all of you. This Is really fun. I will share with Mary if I win. Love to all!!!

    Betsy Dutcher: 7-6!

    Amy Meyer: 9 lbs. 4oz.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And another:

    Rebecca Ferguson: ‎7 lbs. 14 oz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. More from Facebook:

    Susan Bloomfield Steward: 8 pounds 6 ounces! I can't wait! :)

    Rebecca Nichols: The Nichols are going with 7'15"!

    Mary Ferguson: 8 lbs. 3 oz.!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Courtney2:45 PM

    more from the Woodard family:

    Kate - 8lbs. 15 oz.
    Claire - 8 lbs. 6 oz.
    Will is going in on my guess!
    Bill's guess to come....he's out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Courtney5:11 PM

    Final Woodard guess, in just under the wire...

    Bill says: 7lbs. 11oz.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another comment from Facebook:
    Steve Verdin: 8 lbs 12 oz

    ReplyDelete
  26. CONGRATS Jennifer Young and Cindy Land. 8 lbs 13 oz

    ReplyDelete