- In what one middle-school teacher charmingly calls "a bit of do-it-yourself, against-the-grain activism," some high-school students in Edmond took it upon themselves to rid some neighborhoods of Rick Santorum yard signs.
- Do parents know best? That's the question I ask in the Edmond Sun.
- "Students and faculty at Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics are working to start a campus group for atheists, agnostics, nontheists, humanists, skeptics, freethinkers, and other students who do not believe in a god or gods."
- Condoleezza Rice was homeschooled during part of her childhood.
- Why would God reach down his hand and drag tornadoes across rural America?
- One lefty WaPo writer, who apparently hasn't talked to any demographers lately, says conservatives have, "as we all know, considerable trouble with any kind of sex."
- Apparently anti-religious hate speech is acceptable now, because ABC has a new show called GCB, based on the book Good Christian Bitches. Just for kicks, try to imagine ABC airing a similar show about Muslims.
- The 26 happiest animals in the world.
- The third volume in my friend David Deming's history of science will be published this summer:
March 07, 2012
News You Can Use
"[I]t is difficult to explain Oklahoma’s economic and social condition," Andrew Spiropoulos writes today, "in a world in whi...
"He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again. You might say he found a key for every door." —John Denver...
I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but certain politicians in Oklahoma are not at all bashful when it comes to talking about God. For ex...