- In an illustration of the moral bankruptcy of much of higher education, officials at the University of Oklahoma are claiming their mixed-gender housing program is a success.
- Sticking it to taxpayers twice for the same failed investment: The Wall Street Journal exposes "The Solyndra Memorial Tax Break."
- "The moment young people walk into school, they increasingly find themselves under constant surveillance: they are photographed, fingerprinted, scanned, x-rayed, sniffed and snooped on," constitutional attorney John W. Whitehead writes. "Between metal detectors at the entrances, drug-sniffing dogs in the hallways, and surveillance cameras in the classrooms and elsewhere, many of America’s schools look more like prisons than learning facilities." Which is not how Horace Mann drew it up.
- Over at the OCPA blog, I discuss an idea that parents -- and higher education officials! -- should love.
- Marvin Olasky is right: "The most important step pastors can take to shrink the size of government is not to give political sermons but to preach Christ crucified and risen.
October 17, 2012
News You Can Use
Thank you our coach Harry Carter!!! Still more work but appreciate the time he has put into these boys. pic.twitter.com/nRdzmVdkxJ — Team...
"He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again. You might say he found a key for every door." —John Denver...
I don’t know if you’ve noticed this, but certain politicians in Oklahoma are not at all bashful when it comes to talking about God. For ex...