Yesterday

I didn't expect yesterday to be so hard. I'm not sure why. As if the passing of time would make Anne Marie's birthday easier. But it was hard -- so many emotions and memories of the day she was born and her first scary night. I cried harder yesterday than I have in a long time -- the kind of cry that comes from deep down and won't ever seem to stop. All through the day as I would glance at the clock I would think about what we were doing three years ago. Yesterday we had a birthday lunch with all the kids, being grateful for all that we have, and only two of Anne Marie's birthday cupcakes are left. And yesterday evening as Brandon and I sat at the cemetery we talked more about her first night and all that happened during her first day. It was a bittersweet day -- remembering how grateful we are to have her and missing her so much.

Thank you to all of our friends and family who sent sweet messages, notes, and gifts and remembered the birthday girl!



Popular Posts