A Love Story


Faith Rein and Udonis Haslem faced a difficult challenge when Ms. Rein became pregnant, Linda Marx writes in the "Weddings/Celebrations" section of The New York Times.
It was her junior and his senior year, and he had begun training for the NBA draft. Despite the pregnancy, she was busy with track meets and helping him complete homework. The timing was bad.

"I am not a huge fan of abortion, but we both had sports careers, plus we could not financially handle a baby," said Mr. Haslem, noting how he struggled with supporting Kedonis, the son he had in high school, who is now 14 and who lives with his mother.

"Udonis appreciated that I was willing to have an abortion," Ms. Rein said. "I found him caring, supportive, nurturing and all over me to be sure I was O.K. I saw another side of him during that difficult time and fell deeply in love. He had a big heart and was the whole package."

Popular Posts