Phlegmatic Humor

"I appreciate very much the kind words from my old friend, Ed Feulner," Vice President Dick Cheney said at a speech today at The Heritage Foundation, "and I want to thank Ed and the entire staff at Heritage for hosting me today."
To get to hear remarks by Ed Feulner and then by me seems like as much charisma as anybody can handle in one day. ... I hold an office that has only one constitutional duty -- presiding over the Senate and casting tie-breaking votes. Before the Constitution was written, some, including Benjamin Franklin, believed that the vice presidency was entirely unnecessary. He said that if the office were to be created, anyone who served as Vice President should be addressed as "Your Superfluous Excellency." That's better than some of the things I've been called.

Popular Posts