Enjoying Him Forever

We had a good weekend -- celebrating Anne Marie's birth, being with family, and going to Sunday worship. All of my children have learned the beginning questions of the catechism, the first of which is: "What is the chief end of man?" Answer: "Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever."

As a mother, there are many things I want for my children, things I pray for them: godly spouses and children, health, protection, and that they would love God more each day. And I realize that Anne Marie already has what I want most for them: to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever. It was hard to celebrate Anne Marie's birthday without her here, and throughout the weekend Brandon and I kept remembering last year and all the events surrounding her birth. We miss her and we hurt, and yet all weekend I kept thinking about where she is. With Christ. God accomplished his purposes in Anne Marie's life in the 37 days he gave her on this earth. Now she will enjoy Him forever.

Roses for Anne Marie's birthday:


We planted winter grass at Anne Marie's grave, and this weekend we saw it peeking through the ground:
 


Mary Margaret, Lillie, Jack Henry, and Lincoln:


Exciting win Friday night for the homeschool Patriots, whose QB hasn't forgotten the birthday girl:
 

Getting ready to head to Norman on Saturday:


While everyone else was at Owen Field, I sat outside and read and enjoyed this view:


Popular Posts