They're Magically Delicious

Yesterday I was sitting at the kitchen table with my laptop trying to catch up on some emails and Oliver was toddling around the kitchen dribbling his basketball. I heard him rummaging around in the pantry, but from where I was sitting I couldn't see what he was doing. He does this from time to time so I wasn't too worried. He'll play with the oatmeal box and sometimes take out a few oyster crackers from his little snack baggie. But this time when he came around the corner to where I could see him he had a bag of chocolate in his hand and was gnawing on a big chunk. He looked so pleased with himself!


Later in the day while I was at the sink he opened the pantry again. (He had had good luck earlier so why not try again?) This time he figured out that if he tipped the Lucky Charms box over he could just reach his hand in and get as much as he wanted (he hadn't been able to reach into the box before because it was too tall). He really only likes the marshmallow pieces so he would reach his hand in and just try and get a marshmallow but didn't have much luck. Then he figured out a solution. He reached in and grabbed a handful, threw it on the floor, and picked up all the marshmallows while Charlie ate all the cereal pieces. (Win-win situation for both Charlie and Ollie.)

Popular Posts