23 Months

Oliver,

Today you are 23 months old and I am getting this post up just in the nick of time. You keep us hopping all day so it seems like I only get things done at night.

Today you woke up early, just as the sun was coming up. You sat up and said, "Time to get up, mama!" I was still tired from staying up too late and tried to get you to go back to sleep, but it was no use. You were ready for the day to begin. So, since desperate times call for desperate measures, I put Barney on TV and gave you a sippy cup of strawberry milk. You sat up in bed and I cuddled up next to you hoping for 30 more minutes of blessed sleep. After about 10 minutes you leaned over into my face and said, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, MOM! Sit up! Watch Barney!" So we sat together, you and I, watching Barney and sharing a sippy cup of strawberry milk.

After that you watched me make coffee and we sat on the living room floor playing trains. You pushed your little train around the track saying, "Cha Cha!" and every time I got up to get more coffee you would say, "MOM! Come back! Play trains!" So we sat for awhile playing trains and you named your little person who drives the train Ginger and said, "This is Ginger. Ginger ride choo choo train."

"This is Ginger. Ginger ride choo-choo train."

After we played trains you helped me clean out my closet and do some things around the house. Later we went to Norman to see daddy and Bubba who had been at the OU father-son basketball camp. You chattered most of the way to Norman saying things like, "Mama, there's 'funtier city!' There's a big truck. There's a motorcycle." You finally fell asleep about 25 minutes before we arrived at the Loyd Noble Center in Norman, but that 25 minute nap was just enough of a rest so that you were ready so dribble and shoot with daddy and Bubba. (When you saw the logos pictured below, you pointed at them and said "OU!" and "french fries!")

The boys after O.U. basketball camp

When we got home from Norman, you spent the rest of the day playing with Bubba, seeing Ya Ya, going to the pool with Daddy, and snuggling up in bed with Lille and Mary Margaret. It was a fun day filled with lots of activity and playing with your brothers and sisters and mom and dad. And now I am typing this and you are snuggled up next to me in bed. I'm listening to you quietly breathe in and out and staring at your peaceful face.

I know I've said it too many times to count -- that I can't believe how big you are and how fast time goes by. You aren't our little baby anymore, but are a full-fledged toddler, talking in complete sentences and demanding your own way.

So happy 23 months, Oliver. Only one more month as a one-year-old and then you will be two! You are a joy to us. You keep us busy trying to keep up with you and all of your activity, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We love you and thank God for you every day.






Popular Posts