Bad News, Bears

Dad, Oliver, Jack Henry, and Lincoln

As a junior at Bartlesville High School in 1982, I was a member of the first-ever Bru Cru student section that cheered on the Bruins, and I'm still a Bartlesville fan today.

But I very much enjoyed seeing my son Jack Henry (himself a high-school junior) and his fellow homeschoolers prevail over my alma mater today in the Bruce Gray Invitational Tournament, held annually at Deer Creek High School. I didn't even mind that The Oklahoman misspelled Jack Henry's last name in the box score.


Here's Jack Henry hitting a corner three against the Bruins:



Midwest City ended up winning the tournament, defeating Edmond Memorial in the finals. Midwest City’s Christian Cook was named tournament MVP. Jack Henry was selected to the all-tournament team, which consisted of Blair Anderson (Destiny Christian), Tru Buchanan (Trinity Christian), Christian Cook (Midwest City), Ethan Duncan (Trinity Christian), Jack Henry Dutcher (OKC Knights), Elliot Janish (Midwest City), Sean Pedulla (Edmond Memorial), JV Seat (Edmond Memorial), Makale Smith (Midwest City), and Jerry Tullis (Deer Creek).

Popular Posts