How Do I Love This Scene?

Let me count the ways.



I love that my 8th-grade daughter is learning her Latin conjugations on the couch. I love that the person responsible for making sure she masters the material also happens to be the person who loves her more than anyone else in the world, and thus is committed to her success. I love that Oliver is a natural part of the proceedings. "Consider yourself one of the family," we're essentially telling him, and he'll never know a day when it wasn't perfectly normal to be surrounded by his mother and his brother and sisters, soaking up knowledge and affection and emotional security. And I love that the politicians sent me a thank-you note for saving them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Okay, that last part didn't happen. But still. I'm lovin' it.

Popular Posts